I'm back with a review on the new Baby Skin primer by +Maybelline UK . I have read a lot of reviews and they are very mixed so I decided to go out and try it for myself as I am needing another primer anyway!
I bought mine from +Superdrug at the cheap price of £7.99 which is pretty reasonable for an item of make up these days.
I have worn this primer about 3-4 times now and I can definitely see a difference. When I first tried it in the shop the formula was a clear gel which was really weird and it seemed very greasy, but as it was rubbed in, it seemed to become less greasy and more smooth. The good thing about this product is that the name is kind of explaining how it feels on the skin, I noticed that it made my skin very soft almost like a babys'.
However, as I've owned +Benefit Cosmetics the Porefessional I had very high expectations of a primer. It didn't reach the standards of the Porefessional but it was close. For me it didn't 'fill in' my pores as much but made them appear smaller and I have quite noticeable pores on my nose and around that area.I have also sensitive skin and it hasn't given me spots or made my skin red. (Yaaay!)
Pros:
- It is cheap and easily available.
- The packaging it cute <3.
- Works on sensitive skin.
- Good quality for a high street product.
- Only a small amount is needed so the primer will last longer.
Cons:
- Doesn't 'fill in' pores.
- If too much is applied skin becomes greasy which can make make up 'slide off' the face.
- There are better primers out there, but are more expensive.
So for me it is a very good high street product, but if you are able to get the Porefessional I definitely recommend that.
Thank you for reading!
xox

That's a bit disappointing, because we wanted to try the baby skin as ot has been compared to the porefessional :( might have to invest a bit then!
ReplyDeletehttp://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/